[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:40:49 PST 2013

Just back from yet another jazz gig at the Piano Bar.  eli Preminger
(trumpet), Nahum Perefrekovitch (piano) and Daniel Hoffman (violin).
Again, a very nice performance.  I was a little wary of the klezmer violin
of Hoffman, but my misgivings were put to rest.
In addition, my friend Donna sat in on her guitar for a few songs, as did a
Dutch saxophone player named Pim (cannot recall hes surname right now).
The latter told me that he was surprised to see how much good music thre
was around Tel-Aviv.
Unfortunately, not that many people came - must have been deterred by the
rainy weather - but the place filled up towards the end.  At first, I must
have doubled the average age of the audience; later, with more youngsters
coming in, it levelled a little.
Cheers