[Dixielandjazz] Baby Face

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Feb 15 16:04:08 PST 2013

Gary Kiser wrote:

> Subject: Baby Face

> Hi Y'All,

> I have the melody ... and chords ... for the verse of Baby
> Face, but I can't find the words anywhere. Googling gave
> me a mish mash of tests that I can't fit to the verse melody.
>
> I have the Anderson Index which says page 131 and 59v.
> Page 131 is the chorus and page 59 is Aunt Hagar's Blues.
>
> Any tips?

When the Anderson Index says page 59V, that's not the same as page 59.
There's a separate section of the Anderson Collection in which every tune
has the verse included.

I've emailed this Anderson page to Gary off-list (or will, in a few
minutes).

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers