[Dixielandjazz] Chattanooga choo choo

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 11 13:52:11 PST 2013

Anton Crouch wrote:
> "Chattanooga choo choo" has had some nice spin-offs.
> Mel Brook's /Young Frankenstein/ - Gene Wilder asking "Oh pardon me boy, is this the Transylvania station?

Dear Anton,
And as a punchline to an old joke:
“Pardon me Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?
Size number nine. Boy, do they need a shine.”

Listmate Adrian Ford and I were discussing this DJML thread (and the old joke) over a beer or three yesterday afternoon.
Adrian recalled seeing a complete set of lyrics for the parody, quoted some from memory, and suggested I contact the list to see if anyone had them.
However, before doing so, I did a google or two and came up with the following on the Mudcat Cafe site dated 10 December 2009.
Are these them Adrian?
   http://mudcat.org/detail_pf.cfm?messages__Message_ID=2785863
Very kind regards,
Bill.