[Dixielandjazz] Terry Gross and Anat Cohen

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:35:16 PST 2013

" I never heard of her prior to this show."

Strange.  I have mentioned her a few times, even though she lives and
plays in New York (or at least - did when she first played the
Caesarea Fesival).  A few years ago she played with  a school big band
conducted by her brother, augmented by some professional musicians.
The band did not swing (what could one expect from Anat's modernist
brother).  I meand - didn't when on its own.  It swung like mad on the
nubers with her - she seemd to have imbued it with here swing and
enthusiasm.
Cheers