[Dixielandjazz] "Straws & Stripes!" [Saturday...]

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 8 09:51:55 PST 2013

"straw hats at their performances"

Going to a dinner at the local vicars on Saturday. His daughter sings and
her husband plays reasonable piano. It is billed as a `Jazz Dinner".
Presumably we shall be entertained while we eat. I might even get at the
piano myself and play the only two tunes to which I can remember the
chords.(Getting Sentimental over you and Georgia)
The word has come to dress for Mardi Gras. That means digging out the
(plastic)straw hat from the attic and I can go as a band member.. The only
thing left of my old band kit. I shall wear that with a striped bow tie.
Quite like old times. A problem wearing the hat and weskit outfit? What
problem?

Pat