[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Tune on YouTube

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Mon Feb 4 06:59:54 PST 2013

That's some pretty good stuff.

For more Ukulele virtuosity, there is a CD called "The Art of Solo Ukulele"
put out by the Honolulu Acaemy of Arts Na Mele OHawai'i which has four
virtuosos demonstrating their different styles. Besides some Hawai'in tunes,
it has "The Way You Look Tonight", "I'll Take Romance", "All the things You
Are", some marches, classical and patriotic tunes. The website
www.honoluluacademy.org should have more information.

I mentioned this a few years ago on this list, and someone (name forgotten,
my apologies) sent me a CD of two jazz ukulele-ists (Lyle Ritz and Herb
Ohta) performing in a night club doing standard jazz numbers. It's called "A
Night of Ukulele Jazz - Live at McCabe's" . Sounds like two jazz guitarists.
Outstanding.

Mike Woitowicz, Banjoist
Solo Banjo Music Shows
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band