[Dixielandjazz] Matthias Seuffert

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 30 12:47:46 PST 2013

Marek is right enough, Herr Seuffert is very good, a nice combination of affinities on clarinet.

The first time I heard Matthias Seuffert I was most surprised.
Walking through the corridors of the Royal Overseas League in Edinburgh I heard a very good tenor player delivering some mainstream items. I entered the room and saw glum faces. Matthias had not and I suppose his band had not read the festival programme. Gentlemen some would call Mouldy Fygges were deing denied the 1920s clarinet music advertised. I had read the programme and was thus surprised when I heard something else -- though I suppose "something else" makes some sense regarding the some of the music omeone had a word with Matthias and the clarinet appeared.
George Washingmachine joined in on Fiddle, Dave Blenkhorn continued to impress on uitar and Tom Finlay proceeded as the Edinburgh Hank Jones, as the woodwind changed to black and straight, and Matthias proved to be even better on clarinet than on tenor. I forget who was on bass, but the second half of the concert was heap good. As I would have said in the review circumstance denied me discussing. The weather was the real nus\nce

Compliments to Matthias, and please read the programme.

Tschuess, ade
as they say where Matthias comes from,.
Robert R. Calder