[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 11:45:47 PST 2013

Last night some of my friends and I attended another performance by Eli and
the Chocolate Factory (if we didn't know Eli Preminger, we would have never
guessed that it was a name of a traditional band) at a small Tel-Aviv
vegetarian restaurant (for me, it means: no food).  The place was packed -
at first we couldn't find a seat, but luckily some people finished their
dinner and left.  But most of the predominantly young crowd came to hear
the band, and perhaps dance, too.  Inside, there was room for just one
couple, but some did dance on the pavement outside.  There must have been
most people outside than inside - smoking in restaurants is not allowed.
I have already mentioned that some places that band plays remind me of old
films, where a band is playing in a corner of a dilapidated dive.  Not that
all those places are dilapidated, it's just the casual atmosphere, and the
fact that most people know each other (of course, many of the young people
are swing dancers and visit the same places).
A good fun!  As usual, I was the oldest there, although this time there
were some other grey heads.
Cheers