[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans help...

Larry Garrett lrg4003 at aol.com
Mon Dec 23 14:04:11 PST 2013

Steve, the Bourbon Orleans had a complete makeover last year and is a nice hotel.  Also recently stayed at the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon.  As is the case with all Bourbon Street hotels, request an inside room unless you're bringing beads.

Agree with the other comments that there's more music on Frenchmen's and other areas.
There are two on Bourbon---the Maison Bourbon which sometimes trends to a little more modern sound.  And Fritzel's.  I noted the comment on Fritzel's and I have to say that I always go there.

For one thing two of the top local clarinetists---Tim Laughlin and Tom Fischer---have fairly regular gigs there.  And, you might catch Chuck Brackman, Mike Fulton, Richard Scott, Jesse Boyd, Gerald French and other great players.  It's loud and it's a sardine can of room but there's some great music there on many nights.

Also, I believe I have Otis' current e-mail and I will forward that to you off-list.

Have a great trip....

Larry Garrett
KC Clarinet