[Dixielandjazz] Sentimental Journey

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 15:14:59 PST 2013

IN general, I do not listen to tunes, only to performances (although I am
sometimes sick and tired of warhorses).  But there is one tune whoch has
long been a favourite of mine - "Sentimental Journey," even in days when I
hardly HEARD music.  Of course, in those days it was a Polish version, with
words which had nothing to do wih journeys, sentimental or not.
And the best version I have ever heard is the one with Doris Day.
By the way, because of that song I went to see quite a few films with her,
only to find that she was an excellent actress, not always a singing one.
Cheers