[Dixielandjazz] Just published - Jazz Historiography: The Story of Jazz History Writing

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Fri Dec 13 22:28:17 PST 2013

  Hi Listmates
                      This is to advise the publication of my new
book Jazz Historiography: The Story of Jazz History Writing. At the
time of writing it is available from Amazon.com and will be shortly
available through Barnesandnoble.com and other online booksellers..

Jazz Historiography: The Story of Jazz History Writing traces the
evolution of Jazz History as portrayed by its writers, beginning in
the Jazz Age and traversing its mid century revolutions, the birth of
bebop and the growth of Academic Jazz Studies in the late 20th
century. It demonstrates the impact of works by amateur and
professional historians on the growth of a received account of the
jazz tradition and its canon of revered artists, and suggests a
pathway to a more satisfactory appreciation of jazz history.

For further details Jazz Historiography: The Story of Jazz History
Writing has its own webpage at:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/JazzHistoriography.html

             My earlier works are still available at the Early Jazz
page:
               http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/
EarlyJazzHistory.html

regards