[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 14:46:10 PST 2013

Israel is a semi-arid country.  Which is the reason why people here refrain
from going out when it rains (although I don't think they get the blues
then).  This is probably the expalanation of the sparse audience at last
night's Swing de Gitanes concert in Jaffa (and a very nice concert it was)
amd at tonights guitar jam at the Dancing Camel brewing pub.  Usually there
are at least 10 participants, and more, playing various instruments -
guitars (of course; David, the organizer, plays ukelele), but also
trumpets, clarinets, violins.  Tonight there were only four, + two whou
just sang.  The audience was rather small, too, but there were more people
unrelated to the participants (although they know one of them).  But the
bar was also empty - when we were leaving, there was just one person!
Anyway, I enjoyed both evenings, and if you visit Israel, I strongly
recomment trying Dancing Camel beer (my favourite is Leche del Diablo - the
devil's milk - a wheat ale with hot chili, which may be too much for gringo
throats).
Cheers