[Dixielandjazz] Bud Scott, Blues My Naughty

Butch Thompson butte1 at mac.com
Sat Dec 7 09:46:57 PST 2013

This is the first time I've ever heard Bud Scott accused of inaccurate time-keeping.  It's not true on this recording.  What is true is that he is the guitarist whose playing Jelly Roll Morton cited as the reason he gave up playing guitar.

For the record, I've played the Noone record for a lot of people who know very little about traditional jazz.  Many say they don't like what Bud plays.  It's not what they want to hear from a guitarist, but to my ears it sounds great BECAUSE HIS TIME IS PERFECT.
If it's not what you like to hear, you're entitled to that -- but please, he is not incompetent.

Butch Thompson