[Dixielandjazz] FW: Recorded Tempos

Paul Kurtz Jr kurtzph at comcast.net
Sat Dec 7 07:44:45 PST 2013

Marek, it’s interesting what you mention about the incredibly fast tempos and dancing. My mother, in spite of being a lifelong smoker, was in incredible shape and used to mention the fun of going to dances before and during the war. I think you’re right about the fast tempos. In her case, she walked miles to work and back every day, worked during WWII for an aircraft facility doing wheel well work in aircraft, and at over 70 years of age, showed my kids how to stand on her head. I can tell you, without doubt or equivocation, that the faster and more vigorous the dancing, the more she would’ve loved it.

Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL