[Dixielandjazz] PRESCOTT JAZZ SUMMIT

vaxtrpts at aol.com vaxtrpts at aol.com
Tue Aug 13 18:31:16 PDT 2013

 Coming up all next week is our 13th annual Prescott Jazz Summit.  It starts with a free big band concert on the courthouse plaza downtown on Tuesday evening, continues with an Educational Outreach Program at Prescott High School on Wednesday, a BBQ and big get together at our home on Thursday for all the musicians and volunteers, and then continues all weekend with venues all over downtown Prescott.
If you would like to know more, please go to www.prescottjazz.com
Featuring OKOM (or Dixieland, or Hot Jazz, or New Orleans Jazz or whatever you want to call it) during the course of the festival, my Great American Jazz Band and the Bad Cactus Brass Band - a wonderful young band from Phoenix in the tradition of Olympia, Onward, and then Dirty Dozen and the Nightcrawlers.  Wonderful young people playing the "right" kind of music.
"Name" musicians appearing alongside some great Arizona musicians, are: Carl Saunders, Bill Tole, Kim Richmond, Gary Anderson, Scott Whitfield, Jennifer Leitham, Gary Hobbs, Jeff Colella, Joe Bourne, Ginger Berglund, and Renee Patrick.
Just in case any of you might decide at the last minute to come up to the "cool pines" of North Central Arizona at 5000 feet.

Mike Vax