[Dixielandjazz] Gin Bottle 7

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Thu Aug 8 13:13:10 PDT 2013

I have two albums:
Gin Bottle Jazz (Riverside 12231) The Gin Bottle Seven: Carl Halen, tpt on
side 1, cnt on side 2; George Stell, tbn; Martin Kollstedt, clar; Fred Gary,
p; Jan Carroll, bnj; Johnnie Pollock, tuba; Tom Hyer, drums. Recorded in
Dayton, OH, on July 3 (side 1) and Nov 6 (side 2), 1954.
Side 1: Four or Five times; Aggravatin' Mama; Shake That Thing; Nagasaki;
Angry; Apex Blues. Side 2: Eccentric Rag; Wolverine Blues; Pallet on the
Floor; Dallas Blues; Oh, Baby; Milneberg Joys.

Whoopee Makers' Jazz (Riverside 12261) Carl Halen, cnt; Bob Butters, tbn;
Martin Kollstedt, clar; Jim Campbell, bass sax; Matt Fuchs, p; Jan Carroll,
bnj; Tom Hyer, drums. Recorded at Antioch College, Yellow Springs, OH, on
Aug 26, 1957.
Side 1: Once in a While; You're Next; King Porter Stomp; 'Deed I Do; Ugly
Child; Snake Rag. Side 2: Somebody Stole My Gal; Beale Street Blues; Mabel's
Dream; Original Jelly Roll Blues; Copenhagen; Emperor Norton's Hunch.

Jerry Gordon
Troy, NY