[Dixielandjazz] New Fox Cinema Archive Title

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 3 17:24:00 PDT 2013

Robert Ringwald wrote:
> Not “Dixieland” but I am sure some List Mates will enjoy this film.
> This week Fox released "Sweet and Low-Down" (1944), starring Benny Goodman, Linda
> Darnell, Lynn Bari and Jack Oakie, with songs by James Monaco and Mack Gordon:

Dear Bob,
What?
If DJMLers do not enjoy that film they should not be on the list.
8>)
An almost non-stop appearance of the BG orch at that time.
With about a dozen featured tune/songs.
Bill Harris ghosts the trombone for actor James Cardwell.
The quartet's performance of "The World is Waiting For The Sunrise" (with Jess Stacy) is worth the price of the DVD alone.
On that I'm sure Marek will agree.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUx1n4GA0pQ
Very kind regards,
Bill.