[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 14:54:44 PDT 2013

Just back from another jazz show in Tel-Aviv.  Unfortunately, it was at a
vegetarian place, so all I had for dinner was two bttles of Sahpira beer (a
sout of 6.2% and a 5% pale ale).  But it was music I went to hear, and that
department was excellent.  Eli Premiger and the Chocolate FActory hosted
Amnon Ben-Artzi (trombone) and Jacques Sany (soprano sax).

This time, the public was more mixed age wise than usual with a higher
average.  Simply, twelve people from our jazz group turned up, so at least
I was not so isolated!  Moreover, one was even older than I, and the
youngest were in their fifties.  Still, kids under thirty vastly
outnumbered us.  The usual trad fare, but with a very high standard of
playing.  The band also had two guest singers, one of whom, Gilda, was
particularly good..  She has a surname, too, but on stage she is just Gilda.
Cheers
P.S.
Shapira is a Jerusalem based microbrewery.