[Dixielandjazz] Come-on a-my house (was Bria Skonberg interviewed...)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 06:03:44 PDT 2013

Dear Bill,
The "Her" referred to Bria Skonberg - I thought that was clear.   The
referrence to the song came from the review, and I even put it in quotation
marks.  That was one of the things that sounded scary, and it should have
been pretty clear from the context.  I repeat the whole below;
unfortunately, plain text does not allow highlighting things, or, if it
does, I have no idea how.

"I've seen her on You Tube and she sounds great.  But some of the stuff in
the review sounds scary:
""Come On-a My House" -- the quasi-Armenian folk song popularized by
Rosemary Clooney in 1951 -- with what she called a "swampy groove.""

On the other hand, your "It was boring back then and still is"  folowing a
lis of people sure sounded as if you had meant that they were boring.  I
was not the only one misled - hence Jacks comment on Lee Wiley.  Following
is the paragraph from your original email:
"And add the 1945 Glenn Miller orch, Sara Vaughan, Benny Goodman, Lee
Wiley, Anita O'Day, Artie Shaw to his list of recordings.
It was boring back then and still is."
In any event, I still don't know that song, nor want to.