[Dixielandjazz] Hacking. (was Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 124, Issue 7)

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Tue Apr 9 18:18:32 PDT 2013

Not much can be done after the fact, just change your password first, then
send out apologies.

But the essential thing to do is to pluck good passwords. Don't be fooled
by the advice to sprinkle a common word with numbers; the massive computer
power applied tho the lucrative business of cracking accounts can more than
deal with these. A far better strategy is to use three or more unrelated
words, words unrelated to anyone but you of course. Or invent a code for
yourself such as the first letters of each word in a phrase that has
meaning trio you, and as much as possible have different passwords for each
of the Internet services you use.