[Dixielandjazz] Steamboats Stomp again

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 4 13:57:08 PDT 2013

I am sure Bill Haesler can remember stories which are actually true, involving tunes being recorded and then issued under each other's names.  Harlem Fuss and Minor Drag, and even Men of Harlem and whatever else there was on the session in which Leonard Feather and Pete Brown were involved .... not to mention Milestones etc. by a St. Louis trumpeter to whose admiration of Bix, the late Mr. Godbolt let us know, Ruby Braff testified.

Of course the man Jelly roars at on the Sidewalk is almost certainly neither deaf nor dumb but steamboats.
And since April 1st. has passed I shall not proceed to allege how some sidewalk interchanged with where a steamboat might be of use. Alas there have been too many cases of literally navigable but otherwise impassible sidewalks in very recent years, though much to the relief of me and Ken my fellow constituent of one and another of our glorious Scottish members of parliament, happily not in the Clyde valley.

Smooth sailing!
Robert R. Calder