[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong and Others

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Sep 27 11:56:36 PDT 2012

>From another email List.

I am extending you an invitation to witness a 1961 assembly led by our Secretary
of State (Starr) and featuring our Ambassadors of Love (Bennett), Jazz (Armstrong)
and Music (Shearing). Also present (to the degree that he can be) is our Ambassador
of Laughter, Harpo.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Enough of that.
This rare 1961 special has been available on YouTube for a couple of months. You
can either watch it in full or, if you'd rather sample it, try this segment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_FP-EkOhMk
which begins with a couple of Kay numbers, moving on at 2:53 to a swinging spiritual
("The Good Book"), delivered by Satchmo, Kay, and an underpar Tony. But the real
curiosity is Tony's solo at around 7:23. Even if you don't happen to care for Tony,
this could be of interest to you.
The full show can be watched here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJ1x_NAjgQ

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551

The crime of taxation is not in the taking of it. It's in the way it's spent.
--Will Rogers March 20, 1932