[Dixielandjazz] Hymns at a church service

Steve Heist steveheist at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 26 11:04:53 PDT 2012

OK, fellow Canadian (I'm a US citizen, living in Montreal...)
Very moving would be Amazing Grace, if played at a solemn point...  (don't
swing that one...  People don't like it when you swing it...)
Hymns you could swing include, Dwelling in Beulah Land, The Old Rugged
Cross, In The Garden (change it from 3/4 to 4/4 - easy to do), Bringing in
the Sheaves, Do Lord, (oh Do Lord, oh Do remember me...), Down by the
Riverside, Swing Low Sweet Chariot, This Little Light of Mine, Old Time
Religion (Gimme that), Jesus Fit the Battle of Jericho,  Where You There
(When They Crucified My Lord)?  Let me know if you need more - I spent a LOT
of my youth in the congregation...  The problem was, as Presbyterians they
told me I swung like a Baptist!!!  I still take it as a compliment LOL
Steve "Stubby" Heist