[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 10:33:31 PDT 2012

Last night, two friends and I went to hear a very young Gypsy swing
group  La Moustache at the Beach Bar in Caesarea.  An outdoor event,
the tables being placed facing King Herod's ancient harbour (isn't it
amazing that small boats stil - or again - berth in the remnants of a
port that old?) and parts of the Crusader wall.  Entrance is free, and
there is no minimum, like at some other places.

The show went well enough, with fans of all ages (from 2 to at least
71 - I might have been the oldest person in the audience).  The group
played mainly standards identified with the original Quintette de Hot
Club de France, but also numbers like the theme from the film "Life Is
Beautiful."  All numbers were well received, and many solos were
greeted with applause.

The bar has a website in which it advertises upcoming events.  All it
takes to find out what's on is to write "Beach Bar" in your search
ruler.  It is not, however, a jazz place, although La Moustache was
not the first jazz band to have played there.

La Moustache can be found on You Tube, and I believe I have already
posted a link some time ago.
Cheers