[Dixielandjazz] Mat Domber

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Sep 19 20:09:35 PDT 2012

The following is from Nick Dragos. Nick hosted a Sunday night Traditional Jazz Show on KXJZ for over 20 years.

--Bob Ringwald

******

I just hope the "jazz community" remembers how much Arbors means to all of us -
so many superior musicians given the increasingly rare opportunity to record OKOM
with classy and style......and so many real veterans of the 40's, and 50's allowed
refresh and create legacies for their careers and their art.
Add to that the re-issuing of some superb material that the old parent companies
didn't care to produce, like Will Bill's albums with strings.....
I only met Mat a couple of times, and I communicated with him fairly regularly when
was producing jazz radio, but I know he was a dedicated jazz lover and God Bless
him and his wife for their time, sweat....and large sums of cash.
Regards,
Nick Dragos