[Dixielandjazz] Central or Southern California Trad Societies?

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Wed Sep 19 14:58:35 PDT 2012

Glenn Crytzer wrote:

> My band is working putting together a small tour next may
> around an event in San Luis Obispo.  We'll drive down from
> Seattle, hit some other spots on the way down and play in
> SLO on Saturday Night.  I'm wondering if there are any Central
> or Southern California trad societies that have first Sunday
> meetings.  I'd love to get in contact and try and set something
> up with one of them while we're in the area.

Are you saying that from SLO in Saturday, you plan to continue to Southern
California?  I ask because SLO isn't considered "southern" CA by most
Californians.

If you intend to head back to Seattle, you might contact  T.R.A.D.J.A.S.S. [
www.tradjass.org ] in Santa Rosa (Sonoma County) or the San Joaquin
Dixieland Jazz Society [stocktondixielandjazz.org/ ] in Stockton, in the
central valley. Both meet on the first Sunday of the month.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers