[Dixielandjazz] [Norton AntiSpam]Re: Playing for Beer

Steve Call Steve_Call at byu.edu
Thu Sep 13 19:45:20 PDT 2012

To have an opportunity to sit in with Bix and Big T . . ."15 transitory
minutes of fame"? Wow that's a very interesting perspective!

I once was playing a gig at a ski resort and was told that Joe Bushkin was
in the audience and was willing to sit in. I turned the piano over to him
and picked up my valve trombone and played three tunes with him. I would
have played with him all night with no pay or beer. . One of my most
treasured memories!

--
Steve Call, PhD
Professor of Music (Tuba, Euphonium, and Jazz Studies)
stevecall at byu.edu