[Dixielandjazz] Shameless promotion

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 12 14:09:37 PDT 2012

Barbone Street appears in concert for the Tri-State Jazz Society this Sunday. Fall by if you are in the area:

Where: Fellowship Hall at the Haddonfield United Methodist Church
	      29 Warwick Road
              Haddonfield New Jersey

When: Sunday September 16 - 2 PM to 5 PM - Three sets.

Cost:    $15 members - $20 non members - $10 first time attendees.

The usual suspects, except for 2 first call subs. Clarence Watson on trombone and Ben Mauger on cornet / trumpet. Regulars are Ace Tesone bass; Sonny Troy guitar; Mike Piper drums and me on clarinet.

For those who have never heard the subs, Ben at 55, recently retired from his day gig, is one of the hottest lead brass players around and leader of 2 very successful OKOM bands in the Harrisburg PA area. Clarence, at 75 is a consummate professional	who was a a regular with Derf Nolde's Keystone 5 Dixieland Band out of Newtown PA for 25 years in addition to working regularly in Atlantic City backing top singers including Sarah Vaughn, Nancy Wilson, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra et al. He was, and still is, teaching trombone in the South New Jersey area.

Come early as the hall only seats 250. DANCERS WELCOME.

Last chance to see me until October as I'll be leaving for a bucket list trip out west the day after the concert. Primary target is to hike around Mesa Verde.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband