[Dixielandjazz] Eric Holroyd

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 11 14:26:09 PDT 2012

Dear friends,
Our mate and former DJMLer Eric Holroyd is unwell at the moment.
His daughter, Samantha, sent the following message through his address book yesterday, so some of you may have already received it.
I will provide updates as necessary.
Very kind regards,
Bill.

Hello all,
For those of you who don’t know me, I am Samantha – Eric Holroyd’s daughter.

I am not sure if you all keep in touch with him, but I have just been going through his address book so I could send out this email.

My Dad had a heart attack yesterday ( Sunday) and was taken to Westmead Hospital. He had an angiogram where they found three or four blockages. There was one in particular that could not be unblocked. This has something to do with the bypass he had in 1994. They were thinking of trying again today with the angiogram but have decided against it.

Although he is talking and appearing ok, we have been told that it is very serious. His lungs aren’t much good and he has been battling with a cold/flu for many months now. If they operate to repair the damage to the heart, there could be complications due to his lungs, so they are of course now monitoring him constantly. Should he have another attack, they may operate immediately, but I think the ideal situation is to get his lungs in better working order so there isn’t as much strain when he does have an op.

They are keeping him the Cardio Ward at Westmead – 4B Bed 28. He is only allowed 2 visitors at a time with the visiting hours being between 12 and 2, and then 4 and 8. He is very tired and does his best to stay awake when I am there, so to be perfectly honest, I think at this stage it would be better not to have any extra visitors. I have even kept my kids away, but am probably going to get them to go in tomorrow.

Please respond to MY EMAIL ADDRESS – lifecels at gmail.com or feel free to call me on 0432 553 193.

I will do my very best to keep everyone updated.

Please say a prayer for him!

Thankyou

Samantha