[Dixielandjazz] Gil & Steve, a hot duo.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 9 17:42:19 PDT 2012

On Sep 9, 2012, at 3:00 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com wrote:

> Gil on the tuba is from the Air Force Band. Steve on the tenor banjo used to
> be just another loud and fast banjoist, now he is a musician.
>
> Phil Wilking - K5MZF
>
> Incredible musicians!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KumGgbSZZ1c

I had the pleasure of working with Gil and Steve at Steve's wedding a few years ago and worked with Steve a couple of months ago at another wedding. Over the years (last 20 or so) I've gigged with him a couple of times a year. Even played uptempo Charlie Parkers's "Confirmation" with him a time or two over the years. He is, as you say, a wonderful musician. And Gil, well, it doesn't get much better than that.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

www.barbonestreet.com
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband