[Dixielandjazz] Mardis Gras uniform

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:27:08 PDT 2012

Eric, I have to disagree somewhat on one thing in your comments - the
band costumes for Fasching are quite specifically unusual and NOT
"regular " band uniforms!
Do a Google image search for Guggenmusik (the term used for the
brass-wind  and percussion groups that perform specifically for
Fasching parades and concerts in Austria, Switzerland, Southern
Germany and Northern Italy) and you will see come amazing costumes and
makeup! The bands compete with each other to make elaborate uniforms -
they usually don't wear them for other performances during the year
(they just have matching shirts or other simple uniforms.)

Musically, they are not perfectionists (and lots of beer and other
spirits contribute to this lack of perfection ;-) but they are loud!

Dave Richoux