[Dixielandjazz] Mardis Gras uniform

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:22:57 PDT 2012

The trick is in the colors -  Purple, Green, and Gold.

Rex selected the official Mardi Gras colors in 1872, honoring the
visiting Russian Grand Duke Alexis Alexis Alexandrovich Romanoff, who
suggested the colors.Twenty years later, for the 1892 parade, Rex
declared that the colors had meaning: purple for justice, green for
faith and gold for power.

Anything with that total (or some) combination of colors would
probably be acceptable, the more "loud" the better.

Dave Richoux