[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Funny recording studio story

Dick Parks dparks999 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 29 07:20:03 PDT 2012

From: W1AB at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:42 PM
To: W1AB at aol.com
Subject: Funny recording studio story

    I was reading stuff on the Web site of jazz musician Glenn Zottola,
where he was writing about the recording of one of his albums, and found
this funny story:

Everyone was extremely busy on the road with various bands so I scheduled
the session in NYC on a day everyone was in town. We did the entire album in
7 hours straight -- unheard of! Funny story: There was a set-up guy in the
studio and after we were done he came up to me in shock. He said, “I have
never seen anything like this before. Last week we had a rock band in here
and they spent one full week trying to get a balance on the drums and you
just did an entire album in 7 hours.”