[Dixielandjazz] 34th Annual Pismo Jubilee by the Sea (shameless plug)

Justin Au jtazztrumpet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 15:45:54 PDT 2012

Also, don't miss the 34th "first-annual" Pismo Jubilee by the Sea *this
weekend*!

Over 20 great bands and guest artists and 6 venues.  Free shuttles run
between all venues.  Great student pricing is available.
For a full schedule, please click:  http://pismojazz.com/JubileeByTheSea.htm

I will be there, as will our own Bob Ringwald.  My brothers and I, along
with our Uncle Howard will be performing together with various rhythm
players throughout the weekend.  Our normal rhythm section consists of the
stellar line-up of Danny Coots, Katie Cavera, and of course Uncle Howard.
 Due to conflicts with other bands we cannot have them for every set, but
the festival director has been very kind to pair us with some first-rate
musician to sub when our normal players cannot play with us.

Our oldest brother Gordon, who plays professionally in NYC (Vince Giordano,
Baby Soda, Grand St Stompers, Louis Armstrong Centennial Band, and many
others...), will have several sets as a guest artist.

We are especially excited to get to play three *Au Bros + Reynolds Bros *sets
this year!  Who knows what may happen next year - perhaps Au Bros + Midiri
Bros, Allred Family, Vache Bros...   This is the first time in years that
the Reynolds Bros will be making an appearance at the Pismo Jazz Jubilee.
 When they're not with us, you can catch them playing with Jeff
Beaumont's *Creole
Syncopators.*

The other band I'll be playing with is called the Red Skunk Band.  We play
a mix of Django Reinhardt classics and gypsy jazz-inspired originals.  By
mixing in some original material along with classic jazz, this group
appeals all age groups.  This group is very popular among both the younger
and old generations in San Luis Obispo County.

*Red Skunk Schedule*

FRIDAY

11:15 AM Lu’s Landing (St. Anthony’s)

1:45 PM        Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s)

5:30 PM Veteran’s Building

SATURDAY

12:45 PM Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s) - w/Brady McKay

4:30 PM Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s) - w/Sonny Leland

9:30 PM Addie Street

 SUNDAY

10:15 AM Veteran’s Building - w/Brady McKay

12:45 PM Marie Callender’s - w/Sonny Leland

*Au Brothers + Miyata Schedule*

*THURSDAY* -  6-9pm Marie Callender’s.  Au Bros + Reynolds Bros + Howard
Miyata and Jeff Beaumont

(Special Event - advanced tickets required)

*FRIDAY*

12:30 PM Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s)

Au Bros, Howard Miyata, Katie Cavera, Danny Coots

8:00 PM        Veterans Building

Au Bros, Howard Miyata, Katie Cavera, Larry Wright, Sonny Leland

*SATURDAY*

11:30 AM Veteran’s Building

Au Bros, Howard Miyata, Katie Cavera, Danny Coots, Sonny Leland

2:00 PM Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s)

Au Bros + Reynolds Bros, Katie Cavera, Bob Draga

5:45 PM Marie Callender’s

Au Bros + Reynolds Bros, Sam Rocha

8:15 PM Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s)

Au Bros, Howard Miyata, Katie Cavera, Danny Coots, Brady McKay

*SUNDAY*

11:30 AM Turk’s Place (St. Anthony’s)

Au Bros, Howard Miyata, Katie Cavera, Danny Coots

2:00 PM Lu’s Landing (St. Anthony’s)

Au Bros, Howard Miyata, Katie Cavera, Danny Coots

*Gordon Au Guest Artist* *Schedule*:
*SATURDAY*
9:00 AM - High Sierra Jazz Band
7:00 PM - Titan Hot 7