[Dixielandjazz] Seeking composer of "I've Got Somebody Now"

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 18 20:06:37 PDT 2012

Dick Baker asked the question above and added:
> Most notably recorded by Rosa Henderson in 1926 on Vocalion.  Evidently the Vocalion label showed no composer, but another recording, by the Memphis Melody Men in 1928 on Superior, showed the composer simply as Williams.

Dear Dick,
It was also recorded on 12 November 1926 by Peggy English for Vocalion 15479.
The answer is Spencer Williams.
Published by Triangle Music Pub. Co. 1658 Broadway, NYC.

> [Don't bother Googling, or you'll find any number of sources that think it was Martin Williams, the author and critic, who was born in 1924.]

Armed with the above information from my files google the following and scroll down to item 4 for confirmation:
   http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=callitmusic.com&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=107&page=6

Very kind regards,
Bill.