[Dixielandjazz] Tuba Skinny

Dave Livingston snargi at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 17 08:49:44 PDT 2012

Tuba Skinny isn't traditional Dixieland. It is more Blues/Early Jazz. The whole
youth revival going on in New Orleans seems based on it. All the girl singers
are trying to sound like Bessie Smith. They are packing the venues with young
Lindy Hoppers. I like the music. It's refreshing to me after hearing the same
old format Dixieland every time I go to a festival. I've added Tuba Skinny,
Meschiya Lake and her Little Big Horns, Smokin' Time Jazz Club, Shotgun Jazz
Band and several other of these bands that play on the streets and in the
Frenchman St. clubs to the playlist on my radio station.

 David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo Internet Radio
http://www.dixielandgumbo.com
The BESTplace on the web to hear Traditional Jazz
To inquire about getting your band on the station
contact Dave at davel at dixielandgumbo.com