[Dixielandjazz] Steve Waddell’s Creole Bells

Tony Orr jsbarque at netscape.net
Thu Nov 22 16:14:37 PST 2012

our friends in the USA will be interested to know that the band is re-forming for a once-off concert at the Peninsula Jazz Club, South of Melbourne this Sunday.

http://www.jazzramble.com/steve-waddells-creole-bells-peninsula-jazz-club-history-repeats/

during several trips to Sacramento etc, we were able to share our brand of Lu Watters/Turk Murphy style combined with Australian traditional jazz with American audiences and friends. The band was wound up a few years back after 27 years when Steve developed an embouchure problem and had to stop playing.

This Sunday the band with Steve leading and possibly, playing a number or 2 will be playing our old repertoire, something we are pretty excited about.

Tony Orr
banjo
Melbourne