[Dixielandjazz] GINNY LUETJE

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Thu Nov 15 08:14:04 PST 2012

Thanks Janie for posting this. I have said this before, but Ginny was an
inspiration to me. When people say that she lost her battle with cancer,
they were not kidding about the battle part. She was battling with all
her might and I only wish the outcome had been better. I first met Ginny
on a JazzSea cruise and was told by a friend from California to look for
"Banjo Babe Ginny" and introduce myself as we were both from St. Louis.
We became friends instantly.

Her work with young banjo players here in St. Louis was amazing. I was
able to see them perform at several functions over the past few years. I
hope they find someone to step in and continue her work.

Yes, Rest in Peace Ginny. You are missed already.

Beth