[Dixielandjazz] Jon-Erik Kellso On Prairie Home Companion

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Nov 9 20:17:33 PST 2012

You can also find out who's gonna be playing at the Ear on our facebook page:
www.facebook.com/TheEarRegulars
Weekly newsletter from Jon-Erik Kellso
EarMail  Special Gig-O-Gram
Tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 10th 6-8pm eastern time
I'll be playing with the "All-Star Shoe Band"
on
Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion
radio show
at the beautiful Auditorium Theatre of
Roosevelt University, 50 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, Illinois.
Tune in live on your local National Public Radio station.
.
Latest News
Latest Press
This Sunday at the Ear
Coming attractions at the Ear
Other Kellso giggage
Latest Press
The
EarRegulars
have been getting some great press--
Check out Michael Steinman's fun and informative Jazz Lives blogs, including these EarPlugs:
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/10/06/where-bliss-blossoms-the-earregulars-and-friends-at-the-ear-inn-september-16-2012-jon-erik-kellso-harry-allen-neal-miner-chris-flory-doug-finke-dan-block-danny-tobias-alex-hoffman-eli-pre/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/downtown-standard-time-the-earregulars-at-the-ear-inn-jon-erik-kellso-dan-barrett-joe-cohn-joel-forbes-sept-30-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/swingmatism-at-the-ear-inn-harry-allen-jon-erik-kellso-chris-flory-neal-miner-sept-16-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/they-say-its-wonderful-dan-barrett-jon-erik-kellso-joe-cohn-joel-forbes-at-the-ear-inn-sunday-september-30-2012/
CAJUN SEASONING: REUNION at THE EAR INN (June 3, 2012) with EDDY DAVIS, CONAL FOWKES, ORANGE KELLIN, SCOTT ROBINSON, JON-ERIK KELLSO, DAN BLOCK
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/theres-magic-in-the-ear-part-one-the-earregulars-at-the-ear-inn-may-13-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/theres-magic-in-the-ear-part-two-the-earregulars-and-friends-at-the-ear-inn-may-13-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/too-good-to-ignore-the-earregulars-at-the-ear-inn-march-25-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/princes-of-wails-the-earregulars-and-friends-at-the-ear-inn-march-25-2012/
2012/05/03/princes-of-wails-the-earregulars-and-friends-at-the-ear-inn-march-25-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/organic-cage-free-locally-sourced-the-earregulars-at-the-ear-inn-march-2-2012/
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/conn-men-at-the-ear-inn-november-20-2011/
High Society at the Ear Inn
(Sept. 11, 2011)
Sunday Nights at Eight (July 10, 2011)
Spontaneous Experiments In Blue
at the Famous Ear (July 3, 2011)
tn.jsp?llr=mt4icbhab&et=1107898991948&s=0&e=0015bYZVyy34De86vh-Pi-LtgJJHka2tQ69eWNmpA-flPC2w_Cv71u3odrOU7pYb0zM7CXXttDg_q4wnFLi7tm1rSrCm3fTCFM7OoGa6423wKNoFFxPaW4MPsC2CEpKCeHq1FuRF0q8SCZ-IIjFEnQMrRqS5SI4pzclOfsuAQDUwwUjSXq6tvw6CA==
For Bix Beiderbecke
(The Ear Inn, March 13, 2011)
Didja see this
Will Friedwald article in the Wall Street Journal?
  He talked about the EarRegulars and
featured us among his Valentine's Day date recommendations.
http://on.wsj.com/fYum6c
Nate Chinen
included The EarRegulars in
his JazzTimes article
about the 10
most memorable performances he saw during in 2010,
"
Traditional jazz has a hardy roost in the
Ear
Inn
, a historic Lower Manhattan bar where trumpeter Jon-Erik Kellso and the guitarist
Matt Munisteri hold court on Sunday nights.
"
http://jazztimes.com/articles/26975-2010-the-year-in-gigs
.
Mr. Chinen also wrote an entire article about us in the New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/arts/music/27kellso.html
Newsletter Signup
more stuff to click on:
If you still haven't had enough already with all the clicking and web surfing,
here,
go nuts!:
www.kellsojazz.com
- I haven't been able to update my website in a few years (yeah, super-lame, I know...it's
complicated), but there's still some pertinent and/or amusing stuff to see there.
my Facebook page:
Find me on Facebook
The EarRegulars' FB page -
you can look here for info about who's gonna be at the Ear if I fail to send out
a gig-o-gram
(it happens):
Find us on Facebook
You can also listen to some of my recordings here:
www.reverbnation.com/jonerikkellso
www.myspace.com/jonerikkellso
I don't update or look at my MySpace page often, but it's still there, and you can
hear some of my recordings and look at some fun pix there, as well.
www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician.php?id=2656
View our videos on YouTube
You can listen to entire gigs I've played at Smalls Jazz Club in NYC over the last
few years here:
http://smallsjazzclub.com/indexnew.cfm?itemcategory=30817&personDetailId=425
Today, Sunday, 11/11/12 8-11:00-ish at
the Ear Inn:
Joining me will be
Grant Stewart
on tenor sax, Chris Flory on guitar and
Jon Burr
on bass. Psyched to be back at the Ear!
It's best to get there early to secure your spot, and bring an appetite if you'd
rather sit at a table than at the bar.
The Ear Inn is at
326 Spring St.
,
between Washington and Greenwich streets,
way out west in Soho near the Holland Tunnel.
It's one of the oldest bars in
New York
with a very interesting history going back to 1817.
No cover or minimum, but please visit Phillup DeBucket
(that's our less-than-subtle way of letting you know we have a tip jar).
Come as you are and say hi to Michael & J.P., our wonderful new bartenders. Food's
yummy and inexpensive. It's always a fun hang!
Parking's usually pretty easy there, or
you can take the 1 train to Houston
, exit via King St., then walk south 3 blocks and west 3 blocks,
or take the C or E train to Spring St., and walk west a few blocks.
Sneak peek coming attractions at the Ear:
Nov. 18th Scott Robinson and I will be up to our old tricks, and trying out some
new ones.
Dec. 30th bassist Nicki Parrott will be anchoring the EarRegulars.
ear
(Now 'ear this--in case you were not sure--There are
regular and irregular versions of
The EarRegulars
appearing EVERY Sunday 8-11-ish
) .
OTHER NYC AREA GIGGAGE:
Mondays and Tuesdays
from 8-11:00 pm
I play with
Vince Giordano's Nighthawks
in the Club Cache' downstairs from Sofia's in the Hotel
Edison,
221 W. 46th St
. between Broadway and 8th Ave., NYC, for your dining, dancing, and toe-tapping pleasure!
$15 cash cover, $15 minimum, or 1 drink minimum at the bar.
Reservations:
212.719.5799
.
11 piece 20s and 30s style band, fun stuff!
Listen and watch for us on the award-winning HBO series,
"Boardwalk Empire."
The soundtrack CD we made won a Grammy! We're also on the soundtrack of the recent
HBO mini-series, "Mildred Pierce."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.sidneybechet.org/
Thursday Nov. 15th (with Rossano Sportiello on piano), Friday Nov. 30th (with Ehud
Asherie on piano and Tal Ronen on bass), and Thursday, Dec. 20th
I will lead swinging trios at Silver Lining,
75 Murray St.
between Greenwich and W. Broadway
(a beautiful white lit up historic
cast iron building)
212-513-1234
Take the 1-2-3 train to the Chambers St. stop,  walk south on Bdwy towards Warren,
take a right on Murray.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday, Dec. 2nd, 7-10pm at Feinstein's at the Loew's Regency Hotel
540 Park Ave.
George Wein and the Newport All Stars:
Bob Wilber, Howard Alden, Jon-Erik Kellso, Jay Leonhart with Harry Allen, Rossano
Sportiello, Joel Forbes and Chuck Riggs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, Jan. 3rd, 2013
Nighthawks Concert 8:00pm
[We will be in the first half of the program]
Jack Kleinsinger's Highlights in Jazz,
TRIBECA Performing Arts Center
http://www.tribecapac.org/
199 Chambers Street
New York, NY
ph
(212) 220-1460
www.sidneybechet.org/
Upcoming non-NYC gigs:
Tomorrow, Saturday, Nov. 10th  I'll be playing with the "All-Star Shoe Band" on Garrison
Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion radio show at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago.
Sunday, Dec. 9th 2pm concert with The EarRegulars--2 sets, acoustic
at ROCA: 27 South Greenbush Road, West Nyack, NY 10994
We'll be in the main gallery.
               hope to see ya sooner than later,
                                     Jon
                                       :^{)}
P.S. As always, just lemmeno if you want off of my e-mailing list. It's OK, really!
jonnygig at gmail.com