[Dixielandjazz] Lead in Brass

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Nov 7 13:14:21 PST 2012

Most lead has .07% lead in it.   Just touching an object that has lead in it does not dissolve the lead and put it into your body.   Acids will dissolve the brass and free up the lead though.    It also has Zinc and Copper in it, with Copper being the major amount I believe.   The Disney thing is probably blown out of proportion.  There are thousands of us who grew up in houses full of lead paint and we didn't get lead poisoning or suffer brain damage.  Of course our parents probably cleaned the place and didn't let us chew on the woodwork either.   Any blood tests out there for lead levels?

Ron L