[Dixielandjazz] FW: cornet

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Nov 5 07:17:30 PST 2012

Sorry to send this through djml, but aol doesn't seem to like mail that
comes from Spain & is going direct to the Philippines.  :>
This was a bit of a private discussion, but I guess there is no harm in
others reading it.

Hi Jim- How does "big and strong" not equate to "loud?"" I am thinking of
Teagarden and Bix-a great pair who were mellow-- but not loud- I guess it is
all about what one os comfortable with. I love the blending effect of my old
King !!!!~
Best wishes!!!!!   Ted   (in the Philippines)

Both myself & our trumpeter are "crisp", which is probably what I meant.
Exactly the reason I never played a King, which does as you say...blend in.!

Cheers, Jim