[Dixielandjazz] Chico Hamiliton

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 12:00:50 PST 2012

Hi Art,
Since I am not a musician, my approach is different than yours.
I have heard some of Marian McPartland's interviews, and they were
very interesting.  But, since I've heard them recorded, I had a
choice, and did not hear the one with Brubeck, for example.
Judy Carmichael is a wonderful pianist; actually, I bought my first JC
record many years ago, and brought her to teh attention of my jazz
group.  Since, unfortunately, I don't get to hear the same record too
often (due to the prolification of my records - no idea how that's
happened!), the newer members of our group may not have heard of her.
I still would not be interested in listening to Chico Hamilton, for
the reasons detailed in my previous.
Cheers