[Dixielandjazz] Supporting a Historic CD Project

mjewell at franzjackson.com mjewell at franzjackson.com
Sun May 27 21:08:04 PDT 2012

Hello!  I'm hoping you are able to post this request in an effort to help me promote this important jazz project.

Dear Dixieland Jazz Friends,

My father was the late Chicago jazz musician, Franz Jackson. As you may know, we lost him and his wonderful music four years ago this month. I've been passionate about keeping his name and music out there ever since and I'm starting work on a project that is very dear to me and will preserve his last concert on CD to add to his historic legacy.

I organized a birthday concert for my dad when he turned 95 in November, 2007. It was a fabulous night filled with music, love and memories. We had some of the best musicians from the region make their way to Dowagiac, Michigan to honor and play with my dad on his birthday. The music they made that night was nothing less than magical. And, we were fortunate enough to record the entire 3 hours (and yes, Dad played the first note, the last note and every one in between!) and now I am working on producing a 2-disc CD set from those recordings.

To raise the capital I need to accomplish this project, I have started an online fundraising campaign through Kickstarter.com. That's where you, Franz's friends and fans, come in. This is an all-or-nothing venture: I either raise the $9,000 I need to do this project right or I get none of the money pledged. I would really appreciate your support. There are numeous pledge levels and unique rewards attached to each one.

If you would, please take a moment and visit http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1749558063/franz-jackson-milestone-a-historic-cd-project  or www.kickstarter.com and search "Franz Jackson" to check out my project and lend your support. And, please share this with your friends and other fans of my dad's and of jazz in general. This is a personal quest for me, but it's also about preserving the last bit of jazz history from one of the musicians who was there at the beginning.

Thanks for your time and I hope you'll be my partner in this very special project!

Sincerely,

Michelle Jewell

--

Michelle Jewell
mjewell at franzjackson.com
(269) 684-6386
www.franzjackson.com

"Like" Franz's page on Facebook!    www.facebook.com/franzjacksonjazz

We do not share your personal information with any third-parties.  If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please reply to this message indicating your desire to be removed.