[Dixielandjazz] Placer County Jazz Festival postponed/moved

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Thu May 24 13:48:53 PDT 2012

Steve Barbone wrote about the Placer County Jazz Festival in Roseville at
Sherman and Clay Piano Studios.

That jazz fest has been moved to July 3&4 in Orangevale and is now "The
Orangevale Jazz Festival."

It's a great venue.several halls with great pianos and lots of room for
dancing.watch for their Webpage soon.

July 3 & 4, 11:00am - 10:00pm
Orangevale Jazz Festival
Christ The King Lutheran Church
5811 Walnut Avenue
Orangevale, CA

Quoth Steve;

"Finally, for those who say I'm not going to Sacto. That's fine. Who

needs your attendance? I suggest you go to a competing jazz festival

that weekend in nearby Roseville CA.

Once there, you can see/hear Cell Block 7 playing West Coast Trad Jazz

from 12:45 PM to 2 PM on Sunday.  If you go the whole weekend you'll

also hear the following sets:

Glenn Miller & Four Freshmen tributes.

Cynthia Douglas (former Motown singer)

Jim Martinez & Yve Evans Gospel

Yve Evans on piano and vocals

Cami Thompson (vocalist from Reno)

Joe Gilman (solo piano)

Piano solos & Duets (Eve, Joe and Jim)

Doris Day Jazz tribvute

Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra Tribute."

Check out this exciting website about the above Placer County Jazz

Festival:  http://www.pcjazzfest.com/

Hosted by Sherman Clay Pianos.

Warm Regards

Bob Romans