[Dixielandjazz] new gig New York City

John Gill smokewagon at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 17:46:02 PDT 2012

Hello
Just wanted to mention that my band, THE NATIONAL SALOON BAND will be performing once a month at The National Underground in New York City. We begin on Wednesday May 30 at 10pm. This is a more traditional style band that tends to avoid mainstream and swing and leans in a more old timey New Orleans direction. It's mainly a vocal oriented band and draws it's repertoire from pop songs, blues, gospel, ragtime, country, and hot jazz instrumentals. So if you like your jazz on the funky two beat side come on down. Simon Wettenhall-trumpet, Will Anderson-reeds, Kevin Dorn-drums, Steve Alcott- bass, and me on banjo, guitar and vocals.
Regards
John Gill