[Dixielandjazz] History of the Tenor Banjo

RickeyZ rickz at usermail.com
Wed May 16 09:52:17 PDT 2012

I tune my plectrum to a guitar tuning, but up a chromatic third. That is
F-Bb-D-G
That gives it a sparkling sound that cuts thru everything.
Since I've played ukulele for over sixty years, the chords are familiar,
altho I play up the neck like a real banjo player should.   The tuning
turns flat keys into sharps and that's handy for a guitar player (which
I am now)

Rick Jolley
Colorado Nighthawks