[Dixielandjazz] Kid Ory and Jimmie Noone

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 10 20:13:09 PDT 2012

Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> Los Angeles, August 3, 1944
>>   Creole Song (ko vcl)
> This was the date of the first session for Crescent.

Dear Jack,
Thank you for picking up on my early-morning carelessness.
That paragraph should not have been there at all.
I forgot to delete it.
Lord's information (which I had initially used) showing the Crescent version of "Creole Song" on Marek's LP is incorrect.
April 1, 1945 is the right location and date for Marek's version of "Creole Song".
I also accidentally deleted the tune title from the previous session which should have read;

Barney Bigard (cl) replaces Wade Whaley
CBS radio broadcast "Orson Welles Wonder Show". Los Angeles, May 17, 1944
  Weary Blues.

Very kind regards,
Bill.