[Dixielandjazz] Donna Lee - Back Home Again In Indiana

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 9 08:36:42 PDT 2012

>  Ken Gates <kwg915 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm told---and I believe---that this number as played here by
> top flight musicians----is based on the chord  structure of
> "Back Home Again in Indiana".   Am I a complete failure as
> a listener to say that I'm unable to hear the connection?

Dear Ken:

One thing that might help you "hear" the tunes as based upon the same
changes is to hum or sing "Indiana" while Donna Lee is being played.
Or play Indiana on your axe while Donna Lee is playing in the
background. You will then note they match up chord wise, perfectly.

Much the same as Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone and Five
Feet Two match up.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband