[Dixielandjazz] The History of Jazz

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Sun May 6 14:40:45 PDT 2012

Steve;

Modern Jazz is alive and well in my program with Dizzy Gillespie, Gil Evans,
Don Byron, and Charlie Byrd. I looked through my collection for a shorter
version of St. Louis Blues by Dave Brubeck than either of the 2 quartet
versions. He may have done one with his early trio or the octet with Dave
Van Kreit. No luck. However, your suggestion of Thad Jones-Mel Lewis led to
Cleo Laine's 1991 rendition. It also demonstrates the spread of jazz around
the world.

Thanks;

Stan