[Dixielandjazz] Israeli Jazz in NYC

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun May 6 09:28:27 PDT 2012

Dear Steve,
We have been through that before.  As far as I can tell, whatever it
is, jazz it is not.  Of all the Cohen siblings (three claim to be jazz
players), only Anat plays what sounds jazz to my ears.
No, I am not going to engage in the discussio of what jazz is again -
it's futile.  I don't quite see why the purveyors of all those various
styles of music(?) clamour for them to ba called jazz, except perhaps
because of what Eddie Condon said aeons ago: "A terrible thing has
happened to jazz: it became respectable."
The Cohen Brothers Band appeared in Caesarea in a programme of early
Armstrong music.  The best I can say about it is that it only rarely
deteriorated into modern mayhem.
Cheers